Recognised as a Leading Divorce Lawyer in Singapore
Female Divorce Lawyer in Singapore – DOROTHY TAN XUAN XI
Female Divorce Lawyer in Singapore – Dorothy Tan is ranked as a Leading Family and Divorce Lawyer in Doyles Guide of Leading Singapore Family and Divorce Lawyers in 2016 and 2017. She is much sought after by both male and female clients, including high net worth clients.
Dorothy also gets regular referrals from other lawyers.
Dorothy has achieved many ‘Firsts’:
- Dorothy was named as one of Asia’s top young lawyers in Asian Legal Business 2016 listing of “40 under 40 – Asia’s Brightest Young Legal Minds”. The list comprises of lawyers under the age of 40 who have been recognised for doing important deals, working on key disputes and other high quality work, and earning accolades from their colleagues and clients.
- Recently, Dorothy won a landmark case at the Singapore Court of Appeal, after the client had turned to her for help when he lost at the High Court. The Court of Appeal case that Dorothy won (Twiss, Christopher James Hans v Twiss, Yvonne Prendergast  SGCA 52) has become a landmark case and is now frequently cited and followed by the Singapore Courts in decisions involving division of matrimonial assets. Her client wrote a glowing testimonial of Dorothy’s skills, dedication and hard work, which can be found here.
- When she won the Court of Appeal case, Dorothy was only 25 years old. This makes her arguably one of the youngest lawyers to lead a team and to win at the Court of Appeal in a landmark decision.
- Dorothy was nominated for “Young Lawyer of the Year” by Asian Legal Business at the SE Asia Law Awards 2017. She was selected by an independent judging panel of 30 legal experts.
- For 2 consecutive years, Dorothy is also ranked by her peers as a Leading Family and Divorce Lawyer in Doyles Guide of Leading Singapore Family and Divorce Lawyers in 2016 and 2017.
- Dorothy has been named “Top 70 Most Influential Lawyers under 40” by Singapore Business Review in 2016. She was selected from a list of almost a hundred nominees based on thought leadership, influence, and success.
- Dorothy is also one of the youngest ever to be made an Associate Director at PKWA Law.
Dorothy regularly receives exceptional client feedback. One client commended her for her “faith, knowledge and determination”. Another client wrote that Dorothy’s “judgements and ability to steer the various proceedings were absolutely critical. I was able to give you my full trust. You have certainly made a lasting impact, one which I will not forget.”
Dorothy is well liked and respected by her peers and colleagues. She has always held leadership positions, including being elected as Law Club President at the Law Faculty, National University of Singapore. She is currently the Deputy Head of Family Law at PKWA Law.
Dorothy’s achievements are a testament to the complex and high quality work she has been doing.
She demonstrates professional excellence, a sense of justice, a reputation for legal ethics and a strong committment to the community.
Dorothy is a contributor / author for Lexis Practical Guidance – Family Law Module.
To contact Dorothy:
PKWA Law is one of Singapore's largest family law firms specialising in Family Law, Divorce, Wills and Probate.Our specialist Family Lawyers are consistently named as leading Singapore family lawyers by respected legal publications such as Asian Legal Business, Doyle's Guide and Singapore Business Review.
Our fees are fixed, clear and affordable. Our Divorce Fee Packages start from $1,500 plus GST.
Contact us now for your free consultation. .